2019 Official Tournament Information
Our 2nd Annual Hookup Baits Tournament will be held October 5, 2019. This year is going to be bigger and better than ever! Great awards, prizes, raffle items and fun for all! All profits from the tournament will go towards the HUB GROM Program and to help get more of our Veterans out on the water!
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
2580 Ingraham Street, San Diego, CA 92109
Times / Schedule
- Check-in: 4:45a – 6:00a
- Start: Safe Light – Approx. 6:15a
- Casting Contest: 1:00p – 2:00p
- End: 1:30p – Photo(s) of Measured Fish & Biggest Fish Weigh-In
- Lunch: 12:00p – 2:00p
- Raffle: 2:00p – 3:00p
- Awards: 3:00p – 4:00p
Three (3) Divisions
- GROM (17 and Younger)
- Adult ( 18+)
- Boat Team (team of 4)
Two (2) Categories
- Kayak/Float Tube/Paddle Board
- Groms: $25
- Groms (17 and younger) may sign up the day of the event, however we do encourage everyone to sign up online when registration is available so that we can be sure to have a shirt and your size available.
- Adult Anglers: $50
- Boat Teams: $100
- Up to 4 people
- Side Jackpot Biggest Fish Caught: $50
- Individual entry for all divisions
* Note: Tournament fees are not refundable unless tournament is canceled.
- Before the tournament check to see if the camera on your phone already has a date/time stamp on your photos. If not, download the free app so that all photos taken during the tournament will have a date/time stamp. We found the following YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AVFoHDGFYo for Android phones.
- This is a bass tournament (Calico, Spottie and Sand Bass) with a Jackpot for the Biggest Game Fish.
- Photos of all Bass must include your wristband and use of a clearly marked fish measuring devise. Wrist bands will be given day of event during registration.
- All Bass must be a minimum of 14″.
- Mouth must be closed on Bass when taking photo. Any photos of Bass with an open mouth will not be considered.
- Submit to the judges your (3) longest Bass photos. It is your responsibility to select the three photos and once the measurements have been logged by the judges there are no changes.
- There will be two judges reviewing your submitted photo to assure rules have been followed and accuracy.
- Big Fish Jackpot is any legal game fish weighed in at Dana Landing dead or alive. No Bass, Rays or Sharks.
- Boat entries may have up to (4) persons on the vessel. No spectators allowed on the boat.
- Wrist bands must be worn at all times during the day of the event.
- Boundaries are Mission Bay, San Diego Bay, Coastal from La Jolla to Mexican Border. Vessels must launch from Dana Landing due to inspection of vessel.
- 100% Artificial baits only. NO LIVE BAIT or CHUMMING!
- All participants under the age of 18 that are on the water must register, have a parent sign a consent form and an adult must be present while on the water at all times.
- The Casting Contest is for GROM only (17 and under) and FREE to those who come by and want to participate. Wrist bands will be required.
- Groms (17 and younger) may sign up the day of the event however we do encourage everyone to sign up online so that we can be sure to have a shirt and your size available.
- Prizes for each division will be given 1st-3rd.
- Big Fish Jackpot is a separate entry for each individual of $50.00 regardless of division.
- Big Fish Jackpot must be weighed in or you must be in line by 1:30pm. A tournament judge will decide those who are in line made the deadline time. Anyone that comes thereafter will not be considered.
- Measured Bass photos must be in line by 1:30pm. A tournament judge will decide those who are in line made the deadline time. Anyone that comes thereafter will not be considered.
- Tournament may be delayed or canceled due to weather or unsafe conditions.
- Once you have received your registration packet, wrist band and inspection of your vessel you are free to launch your vessel. A tournament judge will be onsite to inspect each vessel attaching a colored ribbon signifying you are in the tournament and inspection is complete.
- There will be (2) raffle tickets included in each registration packet. We have lots of great prizes in the raffle again this year so you can purchase additional raffle tickets during check in/registration or throughout the day up to 2:15pm. Raffle will begin at 2:30pm.
- Lunch will be served to all tournament anglers from 12:00pm-2:30pm.
- Awards and prizes will be announced after raffle around 3:00pm-4:00pm.
- Additional rules to follow before tournament day.
- All profits from the tournament will go towards the HUB Grom Program and to help get more of our Veterans out on the water!
- During registration all boats must provide a copy of current insurance for the vessel before wrist bands will be given out.
- All anglers are expected to have current CA fishing license to present day of the event as well as on them at all times while fishing.
- All water vessels (boats, kayaks, float tubes and paddle boards) are to be inspected by a tournament judge before launching. If an angler is found fishing in/on a vessel that does not have the tournament ribbon they will be disqualified.
Two (2) raffle tickets will be put in each participates bag. More will be available to purchase at check in and throughout the day!
Facebook Live (video): Tournament Information
This year we will be holding another Facebook Live* session to answer any and all questions sent our way! Hopefully this will help clarify things before the tournament. Please send in any questions and/or concerns you have to email@example.com on or before September 26, 2019. That way we will be able to address any issues or confusions when we go live.
*Video will be posted once completed, so if you miss it, check back in.
Official Recap Video from 2018
Our 2018 Inaugural Hookup Baits tournament was a huge success! See more below. Thank you to all who participated, sponsored, volunteered and helped to make it such an awesome event! Check out the official recap video by one of our superfans, Brian Auer.